Skip to main content

Homeschooled Students

Homeschooled students have the same requirements and admissions process for the Dual Enrollment/Early College Program.

High School students who qualify are:

  • Enrolled in at least one high school class and pursuing a high school diploma,
  • Maintaining a high school cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, If the student has not yet established a high school transcript, the application will be reviewed on a case by case basis to be decided by both the high school counselor and GRCC's Academic Outreach Office.
  • Approved by your high school counselor/administrator,
  • Meet GRCC prerequisites for college courses.

How do you apply?

Fill out the online Dual Enrollment application

If I am a homeschooled student, who signs as my counselor/principal?

Most homeschooled students obtain academic guidance from their parent/guardian. In this case, your parent or guardian would be required to sign in both the "parent/guardian" and "counselor/principal" places.

Which tests or assessments are approved by the state of Michigan and what are the minimum qualifying scores?

The following tests are approved by the State of Michigan to qualify dual enrollment students: PSAT, PLAN, ACT, EXPLORE, SAT, COMPASS and MME.

The minimum qualifying scores are provided as guidelines:


  • Mathematics: 22
  • Reading: 21
  • Science: 24
  • English: 18