“Fostering Relevant Cultural Competence and Responsive Social Justice.”
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) is steadfast about aligning services and programs with the far-reaching goals of the current strategic plan. A core focus of the ODEI unit is to identify, unearth, acknowledge, and address institutional practices that are exclusionary and upend a sense of belonging and access for any member of GRCC’s community. ODEI aims to accomplish this mission through initiatives that:
- Use data-driven best practices in cultural competence;
- Support students with disparate enrollment and academic completion rates;
- Foster a paradigm shift in pedagogical praxis;
- Cultivate empathy and respect among GRCC stakeholders;
- Forge partnerships with West Michigan groups and organizations committed to diversity; and
- Promote meaningful changes that are relevant and responsive to the needs of the community GRCC serves.
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will lead institutional objectives that move forward principles of access, equity, and inclusion in every facet of campus policies, practices, and culture. At the forefront of ODEI’s vigorous pursuit of cultural literacy are training and development, and the initiatives offered through the Woodrick Center Social Justice Consortium.