Due to the unpredictable nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, the GIANT Awards and Banquet Committee has rescheduled the event for February 5, 2022.
In the interim, we are moving forward with the Junior GIANT and Milo M. Brown Scholarship process. The nomination deadline is January 31, 2020.
Scholarship Award Details
- Scholarships awarded to students that represent historically underserved and underrepresented communities.
- The nominee must attend a Kent Intermediate School District.
- The Giant Awards Committee will make the final selection of award recipients.
- Transcript or school contact information required.
- Each recipient will receive a $1000 scholarship to a college/technical school of their choice.
- In narrative form, individually address all five Nomination Rationale questions.
- Each question will be scored equally during the selection process.
- Only one person may be nominated per form.
- Online submission is encouraged. If you would like to complete a hard copy nomination, please email ODEI@grcc.edu or call (616) 234-3390.
- The complete Nomination Rationale may not be more than two one-sided 8.5"x11" pages, printed or typed.
- Do not assume selection committee members know your nominee's qualifications.
- Consult with others, even your nominee, to be sure you include all of your nominee's activities and accomplishments.
The demonstration of the following qualities best portrays the essence of a Junior Giant Leader:
- Academic Achievement
- Academic Progress
- Community Impact
- Community Involvement
- Head and Shoulders Above the Crowd