Middle College is a 13th year experience giving students an opportunity to earn a high school diploma and an associate degree while in high school. We currently partner with Wyoming, Cedar Springs, East Kentwood, Ottawa Hills High Schools with an associate of Arts degree program; Kent Intermediate School District with an associate of applied arts and sciences - mechanical design program; and the Ottawa Area Intermediate School District and local business partners with a certificate of industrial maintenance or tooling and manufacturing.
The vision of the early/middle college partnership is to provide the opportunity for participating students to earn both a high school diploma and an associate of arts degree in four years or certificate in two years. Students will be “dual-enrolled” in high school and college courses, with tuition and regular semester fees for the college courses paid for by the secondary school partner as part of the district’s per pupil state funding.
- Application-based program during freshman year with college courses beginning during their sophomore year for associate degree programs. For certificate programs, students apply junior year with college courses beginning their senior year.
- Students still complete the Michigan Merit Curriculum courses and more college degree courses in each subsequent year of high school.
- College course tuition, regular semester fees and textbooks may be paid by the secondary partner. Please note: There could be additional course fees that will be out of pocket expenses for students/families.
- Student support services are offered to the students during the high school day.
- Early/Middle college programs include a 13th year of course work.
For additional information, please contact: