Biology 101E is a course for students pursuing a career in Elementary or Secondary Education.
- The course will provide a broad perspective on the fundamental scientific realm of biology.
- It will explore concepts including:
- the cellular basis of life
- the genes and their control of organisms
- energy and its capture and use by organisms
- the application of evolution as a strand throughout all of biology
- the dynamics of populations and their environment
- and the diversity of living things and their interactions with each other
- The course is specifically designed to prepare the pre-service teacher with the background needed in biological concepts for the elementary student.
- With this course, students will be given opportunity to apply accumulated biological knowledge, address issues facing us as a society, gain confidence in problem solving strategies, and actively demonstrate good scientific investigation.
- Most significantly, students in this course will then be able to propose ways to make them understandable and meaningful to children.
View more information on BI 101E including section offerings!