How to Submit a Work Order
Most operations, maintenance and repair work is performed based on work orders submitted though the Facilities Department work order system.
To submit a work request or HVAC room request, access the online form provided by School Dude. If this is your first time creating a work order you will need to register.
Please review the documentation on how to register and submit a work order. There are separate passwords for logging into the system, and for submitting the form.
- Work order and HVAC Request Form
- Check on the status of my work order
- Key Request and Building Access Request Forms
In case of a Facilities emergency
If this is an EMERGENCY, please call extension 4057 between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. After 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, and on weekends, please call GRCC Police at extension 4010.
Emergency Examples: Overflowing toilets, sewer backups, floods, roof or ceiling water leaks, major plumbing leaks, gas leaks, chemical spills, electrical outages, elevator entrapment, inoperative door locks or fire alarm activation.
*Facilities does not handle repairs to telephones, Internet or cable TV. For assistance please contact the IT helpdesk fo at 4357.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I log in to submit a work order?
If you have used the system before click on the Online Work Order and HVAC Form under Links on the right hand said of the page. If you are new to the submitting work orders, please read the direction under the Download section titled How to register and submit a work order.
How do I check the status of my work order?
Click Check the status of my work order under Links on the right hand side of the page. You will be prompted to log in with your GRCC email address and the password that you created when you registered. Click on the My Requests tab at the top of the page
How quickly will my request be handled?
That depends on the priority, type of work order, and resource availability. Work orders are assigned a priority based on the type of request.
- Priority Emergency: Emergency work orders will receive immediate attention until completion.
- Priority High: All High priority work will be addressed within 24 to 72 hours or until completion
- Priority Medium: Medium priority work orders are considered routine corrective maintenance requests and are addressed ASAP, typically within 1-4 weeks. Examples include a light that is out, basic carpentry repairs, and minor plumbing problems.
- Priority Low: Low priority work orders are categorized as “new” or discretionary work. These items are scheduled according to available resources and may take considerably longer to complete than Emergency, High, or Medium priority work orders. Some examples include picture hanging, or painting.
**Please note that material, equipment availability, and space availability will determine or may extend the completion time.
Can I just stop or call/email a facilities staff member I know and get them to take care of a problem?
We strongly recommend submitting all work orders through the online request form. This way, your request will be properly dispatched and tracked. You will also receive email notifications throughout the process, updating you on the status of your request. You are also able to monitor your requests by selecting ‘View Work Order Status’ link on the right, under Facilities online work request.
How do I order keys?
If you have a key request, please submit a signed key request form to GRCC Police. Please do not submit an on-line work order request for keys. A copy of the form under Downloads on the right hand side of the page.