What is Futures for Frontliners?
Free tuition for essential workers
Futures for Frontliners is a state scholarship program for Michiganders who worked frontline jobs in essential industries during the state's COVID-19 shutdown.
This scholarship provides eligible frontline workers with tuition-free access to pursue an associate degree or a certificate at their local community college. If you have been thinking about going to college, now is the right time and GRCC is the right place.
Application deadline has passed
If you haven't taken advantage of the Futures for Frontliners program yet, the deadline to apply and participate has passed.
If you're 25 or older, you may still be eligible to attend GRCC tuition-free through GRCC Reconnect.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Michigan resident.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have worked at least half-time in an essential industry between April 1-June 30, 2020.
- Have worked outside of your home at least some of the time between April 1-June 30, 2020.
- Have not yet earned an associate or bachelor's degree.
- Not be in default on a Federal student loan.
- Complete a Futures for Frontliners scholarship application by 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2020.
What costs does Futures for Frontliners cover?
- Tuition and mandatory fees at the resident tuition rate.
- Students who live outside of the Kent Intermediate School District (KISD) will receive a cost savings on their tuition rate, but their associate degree or certificate will not be tuition-free. Students will pay the difference between the resident and non-resident rate.