What is Perceptive Content?
Formerly ImageNow by Perceptive Software, Perceptive Content is the document imaging system used by Grand Rapids Community College. Purchased in 2009, Perceptive Content is a reliable solution for your document management needs. Perceptive Content works by capturing documents electronically and storing them on a central server. Once they have been captured they are inspected for quality and indexed with document keys, so they can be easily searched and retrieved. In addition to the electronic storage capabilities, Perceptive Content offers a powerful workflow component that can be used to process documents "electronically." Workflow can be set up to map any paper process, no matter how simple or complex, making business routines more streamlined, more accurate and faster.
Advantages of Perceptive Content
- Better connect staff to the documents they need to complete their daily activities
- Bring together documents and the business processes they influence into one, easy-to-use system
- Integration with PeopleSoft, complementing the business processes that are already established
- Capture virtually any type of document
- Provide instant access to documents at the very moment they are needed to respond quickly to inquiries, questions, or requests for documents
- Require significantly less floor space than traditional paper file storage.
- Enable a standard method for searching for content. This in turn cuts down on the number of misfiled and/or lost documents.
- Reduce processing time by allowing multiple individuals the ability to view a document simultaneously.
- Stay compliant with document retention requirements
Perceptive Content Features
- Easy to use interface
- Simple and advance search options
- Powerful workflow component
- Variety of capturing methods
- Integration with PeopleSoft
- WebNow allows access to documents through a secure web connection
- Customizable annotation tools
Who is Imaging?
To date, we have implemented Perceptive Content in the following offices system-wide:
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Student Employment Services
- Student Records
- Accounts Payable
- Information Technology
- Enrollment Center
- Disability Support Services
- Student Support Services
- Student Affairs
- Project Management Office
The success we have had with deploying Perceptive Content to departments is outstanding! In all areas we have:
- Reduced paper and minimized storage needs
- Provided greater security of documents
- Improved services by providing quicker response time to student/employee inquires, questions, and requests for information
- Decreased risk of lost documents
- Provided greater access to documents that are shared between offices and across the system
- Eliminated time consuming tasks such as filing and copying
- Gained efficiency in business processes by reducing processing time of paper documents
If you would like to see how Perceptive Content could be used in your area or to schedule a product demo please contact ImageNow@grcc.edu. If you have technical questions or need technical support for Perceptive Content or WebNow, please contact IT Customer support at ITSupport@grcc.edu, or by calling (616) 234-4357.