The 39th Annual Giant Award and Banquet
The nomination deadline is November 1, 2020.
Scholarship Award Details
- Scholarships awarded to students of African American heritage.
- The nominee must attend a Kent Intermediate School District.
- The Giant Awards Committee will make the final selection of award recipients.
- Transcript or school contact information required.
- The recipient will be recognized at the Giant Awards and Banquet ceremony.
- Each recipient will receive a $1000 scholarship to a college/technical school of their choice.
- In narrative form, individually address all five Nomination Rationale questions.
- Each question will be scored equally during the selection process.
- Only one person may be nominated per form.
- Online submission is encouraged. If you would like to complete a hard copy nomination, please email ODEI@grcc.edu or call (616) 234-3390.
- The complete Nomination Rationale may not be more than two one-sided 8.5"x11" pages, printed or typed.
- Do not assume selection committee members know your nominee's qualifications.
- Consult with others, even your nominee, to be sure you include all of your nominee's activities and accomplishments.
The demonstration of the following qualities best portrays the essence of a Junior Giant Leader:
- Academic Achievement
- Academic Progress
- Community Impact
- Community Involvement
- Head and Shoulders Above the Crowd