Upon Completion of the class, graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from GRCC and the National Center for Construction Education.
Prepare for placement in an Electrical Apprenticeship program. Once hired and registered as an Apprentice Electrician, students may request to have their Certificate articulated into credit that applies to their state-required four years' training.
The course runs for 18 weeks, 34 hours per week. The class schedule is Monday-Thursday from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
What will you learn while in training?
- Introduction to hand and power tools.
- Introduction to blueprints, including electrical.
- Basic communication and employability skills.
- Basic safety
- Introduction to construction math.
- Hand bending, fasteners and anchors.
- Electrical theories one and two.
- Electrical test equipment.
- Introduction to the National Electrical Code
- Raceways, boxes and fittings.
- Wiring for commercial, industrial and residential.
Please apply through our Job Training application to get started on your journey to becoming a construction electrician!