The GRCC Gerontology Certificate is designed to enhance the skills working professionals need to serve an ever-aging population.
As you earn this certificate you will study the field of aging, focusing on a basic understanding of processes, programs, and policies related to aging. These include the biological, behavioral and social aspects of later life.
Why Gerontology at GRCC?
- Complete this certificate program in one year or part-time at your own pace.
- Earn a certificate along with another degree(such as Nursing or Occupational Therapy Assistant).
- Earn a certificate as a credential to complement your current degrees or professional certifications.
- Earn a certificate to enhance your skills and employability in a transfer degree program such as social work or business.
- GRCC is a member of the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE). The Certificate program meets AGHE standards.
- Take courses to increase your skill-set and enhance your employability.
Program Courses and Requirements
Want to learn more about this area of study?
Visit the Department of Psychology
Questions about this program?
Department email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department phone: (616) 234-4283