Teachers! Earn State Continuing Education Clock Hours!
GRCC’s Workforce Training offers Michigan Teachers and Educational Professionals the opportunity to earn State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) online through our partnership with Cengage Learning’s Ed2Go. With this program, you can be confident that you are receiving quality instruction while also ensured a reliable support system.
GRCC offers these SCECH approved courses in partnership through Ed2Go. Each course is approved for 24 Michigan Department of Education (MDE) State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs.) These courses are all 100% online and six weeks in length. Two lessons are released each week (on Wednesdays and Fridays) for a total of twelve lessons. A final exam is released the last Friday of class. Please read all of the directions listed below to learn about earning SCECHs from GRCC!
- View all of our SCECH approved offerings.
- What is the difference between a SCECH-approved and non-SCECH-approved course?
- Select which course, or courses, you would like to take.
- Click on the “Enroll Now” button to register and to pay for each course.
Note: We only accept online registration for SCECH courses. Courses not listed at www.ed2go.com/grccceu are not approved for SCECH's.
- You must complete all twelve lessons and quizzes. Quizzes may be retaken until passed.
- You must complete the Final Exam scoring a minimum of an 80%. There are no retakes.
- You must complete a GRCC SCECH Completion Form.
- Email your SCECH log (one for each course) to firstname.lastname@example.org or Mail to:
- GRCC SCECH Center
622 Godfrey SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- GRCC SCECH Center
Note: Incomplete submissions will be denied and may be subject to a re-submission fee. Be sure to have completed (and passed) all 12 quizzes, the final exam, and completed & mailed your GRCC Completion Form.
Once GRCC receives your SCECH form:
- GRCC will verify that you have completed all of the above requirements. If all requirements are met, we will submit your hours to the MDE. Please allow up to 30 days for processing.
- The MDEwill notify you by email once the online evaluation is available for you to complete.
- You must already have an MDE account to complete the evaluation and be awarded SCECHs.
Cancellation Policy & Refunds
In the event that a participant needs to cancel enrollment, notification of cancellation is required two weeks prior to the start of each course. When necessary, refunds are processed the last day of the month, according to this schedule:
- Cancellation notice provided two weeks or more working days prior to workshop -- 100% refund
- Cancellation notice provided less than two weeks prior to workshop -- No refund
Please email us at email@example.com
Courses currently approved for SCECHs
- A to Z Grant Writing
- A to Z Grant Writing II - Beyond the Basics
- Achieving Success with Difficult People
- Advanced Fiction Writing
- Advanced Grant Proposal Writing
- Blogging and Podcasting for Beginners
- Building Teams That Work
- Common Core Standards for English Language Arts K-5
- Computer Skills for the Workplace
- Content Literacy: Grades 6-12
- Creating a Classroom Web Site
- Creating Classroom Centers
- Creating the Inclusive Classroom: Strategies for Success
- Differentiated Instruction in the Classroom
- Differentiating K-12 Assessments
- Discover Sign Language
- Empowering Students With Disabilities
- Enhancing Language Development in Childhood
- Everyday Math
- Get Assertive!
- Get Grants!
- Grammar Refresher
- Guided Reading and Writing: Strategies for Maximum Student Achievement
- Guided Reading: Strategies for the Differentiated Classroom
- Handling Medical Emergencies
- Homeschool With Success
- Individual Excellence
- Instant Italian
- Integrating Technology in the Classroom
- Intermediate Microsoft Access 2010
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2013
- Intermediate QuickBooks 2014
- Interpersonal Communication
- Introduction to Microsoft Word 2013
- Keys to Effective Communication
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 in the Classroom
- Ready, Set, Read!
- Research Methods for Writers
- Response to Intervention: Reading Strategies That Work
- Singapore Math Strategies: Advanced Model Drawing for Grades 6-9
- Singapore Math Strategies: Model Drawing for Grades 1-6
- Singapore Math: Number Sense and Computational Strategies
- Solving Classroom Discipline Problems
- Solving Classroom Discipline Problems II
- Spanish in the Classroom
- Speed Spanish
- Speed Spanish II
- Speed Spanish III
- Survival Kit for New Teachers
- Teaching Adult Learners
- Teaching High School Students
- Teaching Math: Grades 4-6
- Teaching Preschool: A Year of Inspiring Lessons
- Teaching Science: Grades 4-6
- Teaching Smarter With SMART Boards
- Teaching Students With ADHD
- Teaching Students With Autism: Strategies for Success
- Teaching Students With Learning Disabilities
- Teaching Writing: Grades 4-6
- Teaching Writing: Grades K-3
- The Creative Classroom
- The Differentiated Instruction and Response to Intervention Connection
- Understanding Adolescents
- Understanding the Cloud
- Using the Internet in the Classroom
- Writeriffic: Creativity Training for Writers
- Writing Effective Grant Proposals
- Writing for Children