Learn how gender intersects with culture, race, class, ethnicity, society, law and sexuality.
With your bachelor's degree in Gender Studies, you can begin your career in advocacy, research or community services related to:
- Domestic violence.
- Human rights.
- Women’s health.
- Social services.
- Rape crisis.
- Social justice issues.
- Human services.
- Human relations.
In the Gender Studies pre-major at GRCC you will explore how gender impacts our understanding of all elements of systems and cultures. This will include a study of the formation and history of gender, as well as it's impact on:
- Communications, linguistics and literature.
- Sociology, humanities and social sciences.
- Empowerment, social justice and politics.
Through your coursework, you will:
- Development critical thinking skills as you assess scholarly work and to use that assessment to challenge and expand your current knowledge.
- Gain an understanding of gendered group dynamics to enhance your leadership skills.
- Practice listening to, and engaging with, others’ points of view.
- Be prepared to appropriately challenge gender-based inequities.
- Consider how you can be involved in equity efforts in your community.
Pre-Gender Studies, A.A. (General Transfer) Degree graduates from GRCC will have an appreciation for a variety of perspectives and understand the impact of diversity on their lives and on society. They'll also be ready to transfer as a junior to the four-year college or university of their choice to complete a bachelor's degree in Gender Studies.