Learn how gender intersects with culture, race, class, ethnicity, society, law and sexuality.
Why Gender Studies at GRCC?
- Pre-Gender Studies, A.A. graduates will be ready to transfer as a junior to the four-year college or university of their choice to complete a bachelor's degree in Gender Studies.
- With your bachelor's degree in Gender Studies, you can begin your career in advocacy, research or community services related to:
- Community healthcare and crisis services.
- Domestic violence.
- Human rights.
- Social services.
- Social justice issues.
- Human services and relations.
- Develop critical thinking skills and gain an appreciation for a variety of perspectives and understand the impact of diversity on their lives and on society.
- Gain an understanding of gendered group dynamics to enhance your leadership skills.
- Practice listening to, and engaging with, others’ points of view.
- Be prepared to appropriately challenge gender-based inequities.
- Consider how you can be involved in equity efforts in your community.
What will I learn in Gender Studies?
Explore how gender impacts our understanding of all elements of systems and cultures. This will include a study of the intersectional formations and histories of gender, as well as it's impact on:
- Communications, linguistics and literature.
- Sociology, humanities and social sciences.
- Empowerment, social justice and politics.