Learn the why of where! Explore the earth by examining natural environments and cultural landscapes.
Why Geography at GRCC?
- Graduate with your Pre-Geography, A.A. and transfer as a junior to the four-year college or university of your choice to complete your bachelor's degree in Geography.
- Our program was recognized as one of the top community college geography programs in the U.S., and received the 2020 AAG Award for Associates Program Excellence Honorable Mention.
- Your Geography pre-major will give you a holistic perspective of our world, and you'll learn the critical analysis geographers need to solve problems facing nature and society.
- Classes are taught by highly trained instructors who specialize in a wide array of periods, places and approaches to history.
- You'll have the opportunity to study in the field and abroad.
- You'll have the opportunity to join the International Geographical Honor Society.
What can I do with a degree in Geography?
With your bachelor's degree in Geography, you'll have the opportunity to work in a variety of diverse fields, including:
- Cultural resources management.
- Environmental conservation.
- Foreign affairs.
- Global climate change assessment.
- Historic preservation.
- Humanitarian relief.
- Military intelligence.
- Natural hazards analysis.
- Sustainable development.
- Urban and regional planning.
- Water resources policy.
Program Courses and Requirements
Want to learn more about this area of study?
Visit the Department of Social Sciences
Questions about this program?
Department email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department phone: (616) 234-4283