Careers for Social Sciences graduates can be found in education, corporate, non-profit, government, criminal justice — virtually any organization where overall analysis of human behavior and culture is utilized.
Why Social Sciences at GRCC?
- Upon graduation, you'll be ready to transfer as a junior to a four-year college or university.
- Many of our courses qualify for the Michigan Transfer Agreement, meaning they're highly transferrable to many colleges and universities in Michigan.
- In our programs, you'll explore the human experience, connect and contribute to your local and global communities and have the opportunity to travel abroad.
- You'll learn from expert faculty with advanced degrees.
- What you learn can be applied to any profession or area of study: Courses explore the ever-changing world of human behavior, social organization and processes of individual and institutional change.
The department serves thousands of students each year and employs various innovative delivery methods including hybrid, online and traditional lecture courses. Additionally, the Department hosts conferences on Race and Ethnicity, Gender and Sexuality, and Peace Studies, which attract participants from cross the globe. Our faculty also is involved in providing overseas study abroad opportunities in Europe, Africa and Asia.
Area of study
The Social Sciences Department is home to seven unique disciplines: