This GRCC Job Training program will prepare you for an entry-level position in carpentry and related positions in the construction industry, which pay between $13-$17 per hour. This program is recommended for students that have previous construction experience.
Your class will take place at the construction site, where you will be building an actual home from the ground up. You will have hands-on learning and application about the entire process of residential building, including:
- Blue print reading.
- Site layout.
- Flat concrete and foundation.
- Framing, trim work and carpentry.
- Door/window installation.
- Wiring and electrical
- Painting and interior finishing.
- HVAC and insulation
- Drywall hanging
- Installing cabinets and floor covering.
- Construction math, business, and finance.
This program is a state approved 60-hour prelicensure program required for the Builder’s License test (Approval #CP199).