We administer the oversight of the service learning designation which is added to your official student transcript. By completing this form, the department will review your submission for accuracy and place the service learning designation onto the official transcript.
We expect all students to adhere to GRCC’s Student Code of Conduct. Failure to do so jeopardizes service learning experiences for future students.
What to expect: Service learning during COVID-19
- Your personal safety is the most important - take care of yourself first and follow the CDC guidelines to prevent illness. Review the most current information from GRCC on COVID-19.
- It’s likely that while performing your service learning you will be responsible to provide your own Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- You may be required to have your temperature taken on-site.
- Be sure to follow the health and safety rules/policies/procedures.
- Different rules may apply during a pandemic around HIPAA (Privacy Health Law). You may be required to share information about your personal health with individuals at your site or with your professor.
Examples of questions you may be asked
- Have you been within 6 ft. of someone with COVID-19, or COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Have you recently developed a cough?
- Have you recently developed shortness of breath?
- Have you recently developed a new onset of any TWO or more of the following symptoms?
- Fever of 100.4°F or 38°C or greater
- Extreme tiredness (fatigue)
- Chills or shakes with chills
- Sore throat
- Muscle Aches
- Loss of sense of taste and/or smell
- Have you traveled?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has been exposed?