Radiologic Technology Associates Degree
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the high school equivalency GED (General Educational Development) Test
- Have a high school or college GPA of at least 2.0
- Math competency must be demonstrated through any one of the following ways:
- SAT Math subsection score of 25 or higher within the last five years or
- ACT Math score of 18 or higher within the last five years or
- Math Placement Test (ALEKS) with a score of 30 or higher or
- Completion of MA 098 or higher with a grade of C or better
- Reading and writing requirement competency must be demonstrated through any one of the following ways:
- EN 101 with a grade of C or better or
- Score of 18 on ACT or 25 on SAT better within the last five years or
- Accuplacer placement test scores of 245 on the reading portion and 4 on the written portion
- Earn a grade of C or higher within two attempts in the following courses (a withdrawal is considered an attempt):
- BI 121: Human Anatomy & Physiology 1
- BI 122: Human Anatomy & Physiology 2
- Pass a Preliminary Criminal Background Check
- Students with felony convictions may be prevented from taking the national registry examination through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. This may impact employment options following completion of the RT program. If you think this might apply to you, then you should complete the Ethics Review Pre-Application.
- Pass a 7-panel drug screen.
- In order to be eligible for admission into the Radiologic Technology program, students must have successfully completed any required foundational courses with a grade of at least C.
Clinical Education Access Requirements
The Radiologic Technology Program requires students to have the following vaccinations once admitted into the program.
- TB test results, or Chest X-ray date and report.
- Hepatitis B shot record
- Tdap shot record
- Date of Chicken pox or Varicella injection record
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) shot record
- Flu vaccine
*A flu immunization and TB test or screening must be completed yearly. The TB must not lapse, and the flu vaccine must be acquired no later than November 1.
Contact Claudia Galvez at firstname.lastname@example.org for specific vaccination requirements.