Students are admitted to the program once a year, in the Fall semester.
In order to be eligible for admission into the Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program, a student must:
- High school graduate with a GPA of at least 2.5 (or GED equivalent) or a college GPA of at least 2.5 for students with 12 or more college credits.
- Math competency must be demonstrated through any one of the following ways:
- SAT Math subsection score of 25 or higher within the last five years or
- ACT Math score of 18 or higher within the last five years or
- Math Placement Test (ALEKS) with a score of 30 or higher within the last five years or
- Completion of MA 098 or higher with a grade of C or higher within the last five years.
- Reading and writing requirement competency must be demonstrated through any one of the following ways:
- EN 101 with a grade of C or higher or
- Score of 26 on ACT or 400+ on SAT within the last five years or
- Blackboard essay scores of 40 or higher within the last five years.
- Pass a preliminary criminal background check.
- Successful completion within the last 5 years of BI 121 and BI 122 with a grade of C or better within two attempts. A withdrawal is counted as an attempt. If it has been more than 5 years since the most recent attempt, a third opportunity will be allowed.
- Successful completion of OT 102 with a grade of C or better within two attempts.
* A withdrawal is considered an attempt
Fieldwork Education Access Requirements
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program requires students to have the following vaccinations once admitted into the program.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (ChickenPox)
- Hepatitis B Series
- Flu vaccine*
- TB test results, or Chest X-ray date and report*
- Covid-19 Vaccine**
Be aware that fieldwork sites may have additional requirements for student placements.
*A flu immunization and TB test or screening must be completed yearly. The TB must not lapse, and the flu vaccine must be acquired no later than November 1.