Skip to main content

At GRCC, our student body is like our city — eclectic, vibrant and ready to make a meaningful impact in the world.

Located in the heart of Grand Rapids, Michigan, we welcome many international students to join our dynamic community every year. The rich diversity of our students' unique backgrounds, beliefs and goals are vital to us as an inclusive institution.

You can look forward to small class sizes with dedicated faculty and engaged students who share a passion for learning. We offer personalized attention to our international students to ensure you are on your desired academic path, and are getting the most out of your experience at GRCC.

Apply as an international student if you have or intend to seek an F-1 visa to attend GRCC.

How to Apply

To begin your application process you must submit:

  1. An International Student Admissions Application.
  2. Financial verification to cover educational expenses.
  3. Verification that you have met the minimum English requirements.
  4. A copy of your high school diploma/transcript or college transcript translated into English.
  5. A photocopy of your passport photo ID page.

Application materials may be scanned and emailed to:, or mailed to:

International Student Admissions Officer
Admissions Office - Room 123 Main Building
Grand Rapids Community College
143 Bostwick Avenue NE
Grand Rapids MI 49503-3201 USA

Application Deadlines

For applicants outside of the U.S., the fall semester application deadline is June 1 and the winter semester application deadline is October 1.

For applicants within the U.S. who are transferring to GRCC, the fall semester application deadline is August 1, and the winter semester application deadline is December 1.

See our Academic Calendar for semester start and end dates, campus holidays and exam schedules.

Additional Requirements for International Transfer Students

If you have a current F-1 visa and are transferring to GRCC from another U.S. college or university, you must also submit a(n):

  • Copy of your current I-20.
  • Official college or university transcript from your current institution.
  • Copy of your F-1 visa.
  • Copy of your I-94 record.
  • Completed GRCC Transfer-In Form.

Obtaining Foreign Transfer Credit

Transcripts, diplomas, certificates and mark sheets from secondary schools outside of the U.S. must be evaluated by the Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES). An official report should be mailed directly to Student Records along with another official transcript.

If you have questions or need additional information, please call (616) 234-3300 or email

Grand Rapids Community College (GRCC) is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students (F-1). This college is SEVIS approved.