At GRCC, our student body is like our city — eclectic, vibrant and ready to make a meaningful impact in the world.
Located in the heart of Grand Rapids, Michigan, we welcome many international students to join our dynamic community every year. The rich diversity of our students' unique backgrounds, beliefs and goals are vital to us as an inclusive institution.
You can look forward to small class sizes with dedicated faculty and engaged students who share a passion for learning. We offer personalized attention to our international students to ensure you are on your desired academic path, and are getting the most out of your experience at GRCC.
Helpful tips before you apply
- Application deadlines - For applicants outside of the U.S., the Fall semester application deadline is June 1 and the winter semester application deadline is October 1. For applicants within the U.S. who are transferring to GRCC, the Fall semester application deadline is August 1, and the Winter semester application deadline is December 1.
- Start dates - See our Academic Calendar for semester start and end dates, campus holidays and exam schedules.
4 steps to becoming an International student
Apply as an international student if you have or intend to seek an F-1 visa to attend GRCC.
Step 1 - Complete the application
- Complete the International Student Admissions Application.
Step 2 - Financial verification
- Financial verification to cover educational expenses.
Step 3 - Verification of English requirements
- Verification that you have met the minimum English requirements.
Step 4 - Provide documentation
- A copy of your high school diploma/transcript or college transcript translated into English.
- A photocopy of your passport photo ID page.
Application materials may be scanned and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
International Student Admissions Officer
Admissions Office - RJF Student Services - First Floor RJF
Grand Rapids Community College
143 Bostwick Avenue NE
Grand Rapids MI 49503-3201 USA
Additional Requirements for International Transfer Students
If you have a current F-1 visa and are transferring to GRCC from another U.S. college or university, you must also submit a(n):
- Copy of your current I-20.
- Official college or university transcript from your current institution.
- Copy of your F-1 visa.
- Copy of your I-94 record.
- Completed GRCC Transfer-In Form.
Obtaining Foreign Transfer Credit
Transcripts, diplomas, certificates and mark sheets from secondary schools outside of the U.S. must be evaluated by the Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES). An official report should be mailed directly to Student Records along with another official transcript.