Skip to main content

What is Work-Study?

What is the difference between Work-Study, Community Work-Study and Non Work-Study?

  • Work-Study and Community Service Work-Study positions are available to currents students in the fall and winter semesters. These positions require students to have a type of federal aid, called Work-Study, where Student Employee wages are paid using federal funds. This program reduces costs for GRCC while increasing employment opportunities for students on-campus.
  • Community Work-Study also require students to have Work-Study, however positions are located off-site at one of GRCC's select community organizations.
  • Non Work-Study positions are available to current students during the fall, winter & summer semesters. These positions do not require a Work-Study award.

Work-Study Eligibility

  • Work-Study eligibility is determined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submitting a Work-Study Request Form (see below). It is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
  • After obtaining a Work-Study award, students are eligible for Work-Study and Community Work-Study positions.
  • Students employed in a Work-Study or Community Work-Study position will receive their Work-Study award in bi-weekly paychecks based on hourly wage and hours worked.
  • Please note: Work-Study is not available during the summer semester.

Apply for Work-Study

To apply for Work-Study for the 2023-2024 academic year, please complete a Work-Study Request Form:

Work-Study Request Form