We are dedicated to making sure our campus is free from harassment, violence and discrimination. That involves responding to students and staff in difficult times, including when they are dealing with issues that might violate our Sexual Misconduct Policy or the Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy.
Our policy addresses:
- sexual assault
- domestic and dating violence
- sexual harassment
- gender discrimination
A violation of our college's Sexual Misconduct Policy or Title IX Policy may also be a violation of criminal law. We have a Title IX Coordinator whose job is to respond to those incidents, walk you through our process, explain your options, connect you with resources and help you feel safe and connected on campus.
If you are a victim of domestic abuse or sexual assault, we have resources here to help you, described on this page. We also provide information on confidential resources outside of the college, also on this page. For state-wide resources, check out Let's End Campus Sexual Assault. For additional information about any of these resources, contact TitleIX@grcc.edu.
Sexual Misconduct Reporting Options
- Chief Rebecca Whitman, GRCC Police: (616) 234-4012
- Lina Blair, Student Life and Conduct: (616) 234-3924
- Christine Coon, Human Resources: (616) 234-3972
- Jennifer Kelly, Office of General Counsel: (616) 234-3134
- Scott Mattson, Tassell M-TEC: (616) 234-3816
- Raynard Ross, Student Success & Retention: (616) 234-4839
- Dan Sullivan, Health Sciences: (616) 234-3724
- Grant Snider, Liberal Arts: (616) 234-3142
- Jonnathan Resendiz, STEM: (616) 234-3081
- Whitney Marsh, Ford Fieldhouse: (616) 234-2575
- Keri Hadfield, Faculty: (616) 234-3370
In addition to, or instead of, reporting your concern to our Title IX Coordinator or a Deputy Coordinator, you may also wish to engage with other resources on campus, including:
For students: The counselors in our Counseling and Career Development are licensed for personal counseling. You can request a one-hour personal counseling appointment by calling (616) 234-4130.
For Employees: Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) services are available to all employees (except student employees), their spouses and children living in their household. Services are available 24/7 via the hotline numbers: (800) 442-0809 or (616) 455-6210. Employee health insurance covers mental health support as well. You can search mental health providers through the website directory for your plan: Blue Cross Blue Shield or MESSA.
If you would like to involve GRCC police and report a concern, you can contact them directly at (616) 234-4911, or (616) 234-4010 for non-emergencies. GRCC Police can also provides a Safe Walk service for you if you are feeling unsafe on campus.
- In Kent and Ottawa counties, Heart of West Michigan United Way: Dial 2-1-1
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: (800) 656-4673
- 24/7 Confidential Hotline: (855) 444-3911
(includes children and adults)
Alcohol-Drugs/Mental Health Services
- Network 180: (616) 336-3909
Domestic Violence Assistance
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 787-3224
- Resilience (includes counseling for those in Ottawa County: (800) 848-5991
- (866) 728-2131 para español
- Safe Haven Ministries: (616) 452-6664
- YWCA West Central Michigan: (616) 454-9922
24/7 Chat services
Personal Protection Order
- Kent County PPO Office: (616) 632-5067
- Find help by Aunt Bertha