Join GRCC's international honor society!
International Honor Society of the Two-Year College: Alpha Upsilon Kappa Chapter, Grand Rapids Community College
Am I eligible to join?
Members must have:
- A 3.3 cumulative GPA
- Have earned 12 credits at Grand Rapids Community College
- Current GRCC student
- Pay the $75 Lifetime membership fee
Apply to join the Phi Theta Kappa Membership
Endless scholarship opportunities
More than 440 institutions in the U.S. offer over 32 million dollars in scholarships to transferring Phi Theta Kappa Members! Locally, Grand Valley, Aquinas, Western Michigan, Ferris State, Oakland University and Michigan State all offer competitive scholarships to active Phi Theta Kappa members.
Many four-year institutions in other states waive residency, offer full-rides, or at least large awards for high-GPA Phi Theta Kappa students.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships
- Leaders Of Promise
- Guistwhite Scholarship
- The Nota Bene Scholarship
- and more ...
- Coca-Cola Scholarship
- All-USA Scholarships
- National Dean's List
- and more!
What are other benefits of joining?
- You get the Official Seal on your community college diploma.
- You get the privilege to wear the golden monogrammed Honors Stole at commencement. (There is an extra cost for this item.)
- You receive the Golden Key membership pin.
- You receive the official, gold-embossed certificate and a wallet size membership identification card. You can use these for instant verification.
- You receive the Phi Theta Kappa transcript stamp which provides permanent certification of membership and serves as a lifetime endorsement of your academic achievements.
If you have any questions about the honor society or about our chapter, Alpha Upsilon Kappa, please feel free to contact the Student Life at (616) 234-4160 or email@example.com.