How to receive your VA benefits
A veteran student, and eligible dependents, must:
- Already be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at GRCC.
- Apply for VA education benefit through the U.S. Veterans Affairs Office.
- If approved, the VA will mail you a certificate of eligibility in approximately 30 days. You must provide a copy of this certificate to your Veteran Benefits Certifying Official at GRCC.
If you are a guest student requesting VA certification, your home school must complete and forward a parent institution letter to GRCC, indicating that the courses you are taking at GRCC will satisfy the degree requirements at their school.
If you are transferring to GRCC and are already receiving your VA benefits, you must Complete and submit Change Place of Training/Program form 22-1995 or Dependent Change of Place of Training/Program form 22-549. Go to http://www.gibill.va.gov.
Using your VA benefits at GRCC
Each Month: Verify your enrollment
- Chapter 30 and 1606 students must verify their enrollment monthly, on the last day of the month; monthly verification has not been adopted for Chapters 33 or 35. Payments will not be sent until this is done.
- Verify online through Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE).
- Verify by Interactive Voice Response (IVR) at (877) 823-2378.
Your first semester requirements
- A certificate of eligibility (COE) letter. This will be mailed from the VA when the application has been processed. (* Usually takes 4-6 weeks). You do not have to wait for this to start your education. You can get started by providing a copy of the confirmation page of your application for benefits.
- A signed Veterans Responsibility Form
- A completed Record of Previous Education and Training
After your first semester
Submit a Veterans Continued Enrollment form each semester.