GRCC takes great pride in special offerings specifically designed for community members 45 and older. These life-long learning and life enrichment opportunities currently include the following:
- Enhance Fitness Program
- Kent County Senior Millage Health Education Program
- Arthritis Foundation Aquatics Program
- Strength and Stretch
- Fitness Program
- Health Club
The Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan will administer:
- Senior Leadership Grand Rapids
- Caregiver Resource Network (Caregiver Support Program).
* The Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan will also identify another agency to assume responsibility for the monthly Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Educational Support Group.
Contact The Area on Aging of Western Michigan at ((616) 456-5664)
GRCC Gerontology Certificate program
Additionally, the GRCC Gerontology Certificate program will continue with some changes. Beginning this fall, the program, housed within the GRCC Psychology Department, will change from a 32-credit certificate to an 18-credit certificate program designed to complement an associate degree or higher.
View the Gerontology Certificate for more information!