You are invited to nominate a GRCC Retired Faculty or Administrator for the Emeritus Faculty Award. This award was established in 1985 to honor those instructors/administrators whose dedication and creativity have left an indelible mark on the lives of students and colleagues at GRCC. During their tenure at GRCC and since their retirement, they have continued to promote GRCC’s “Commitment to Excellence” as illustrated by the GRCC values described in the narrative forms.
A donation will be made to the GRCC Foundation on behalf of the recipient. This donation will be used to enhance an existing fund as directed by the recipient.
Criteria and Nomination Process:
The Selection Committee will consider a nominee if all of the following conditions are met:
1) The nominee:
- Is a retired GRCC faculty member (Classroom Faculty, Librarian, Counselor, Job Training, Preschool) who has worked seven (7) years or more at GRCC OR is a retired GRCC administrator who has worked seven (7) years or more at GRCC AND has taught part-time for the equivalent of at least four semesters or as full-time for at least one year during his/her tenure at the college.
- Has not received the award previously.
2) The nominator submits the following form and completed documents (if needed) to Provost@grcc.edu, by Friday, February 11, 2022.
- Nomination form completed by the nominator
- Nominator completes Nominator Narrative
- Supporting narrative
Using the GRCC Values as a guide, the Nominator Narrative and Supporting Narrative sections should be completed as narratives, including specific examples describing how the nominee exemplifies the values.
Under the appropriate value, additional information may be provided such as how the nominee:
- Was recognized by colleagues as an outstanding instructor/administrator.
- Contributed to GRCC and its students during his or her tenure and retirement.
- Brought distinction to his or her field through activities inside and outside of GRCC.