The Faculty Excellence in Education Award honors an educator for their contributions to the college, higher education and the community.
The Excellence in Education Awards are presented at the August Opening Day by the president. Each recipient receives $1,000 and a $1,000 contribution is also made to the GRCC Foundation in the recipient's name.
Criteria for nominating a colleague
In order to be nominated for the Excellence in Education Award for full-time faculty:
- A nominee must be a faculty member in good standing who has been employed by GRCC for at least five years and has not previously won the award.
- In addition, only faculty who will be returning to full-time work the following academic school year will be considered for the award.
- All nominations are submitted without the nominee’s knowledge.
- Please emphasize confidentiality when obtaining and requesting comments from nominators and endorsers’ signatures.
- Nominations for non-winning full-time faculty will automatically be reconsidered in the following year.
- If you'd like to update a nomination, contact the Provost office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 234-3920 for details about how to update a nomination.
- The Excellence in Education committee, a subcommittee of the Academic Governing Council, will review the submitted nominations for the full-time award and recommend a recipient to the Provost.
How to nominate a colleague
Deadline to nominate has been extended to: Monday, June 12, 2023
- Read the Nomination Information.
- Complete and submit the Nomination Form below.
- Then, in a separate email message, share the Full-Time Faculty Endorsement Signature Form link with 12 colleagues who would like to endorse the same person you've nominated, and ask them to sign and submit.