Welcome to summer at GRCC!
We are so glad that you decided to continue or start your education with us. You will quickly discover that GRCC has much to offer.
Our summer session classes will begin in a distance learning format. This includes classes that span the entire summer semester, as well as those that meet in the first seven-week session. We continue to monitor local, state, and federal guidelines to determine if our second summer session will be online or in-person. That decision will be made by May 22.
Regardless of the format, GRCC offers you the help and resources necessary to support your success. You will be able to interact with advisors, tutors, and financial aid specialists. The GRCC library is staffed to help you find needed materials, and our IT staff is ready to address your technology needs. Your exceptional faculty will help you understand what you can expect in your courses.
Everyone at GRCC is committed to your success, and even if we have to remain at a distance, we will work closely with you to make this summer exceptional!
Dr. Brian Knetl,
A Successful Start to your Summer Online Class(es)
Some important things to consider for your online course:
- Learning online can be convenient, but it will require as much time for studying and coursework as the on-campus classroom.
- It is important to have ready access to a computer with an internet connection, as well as a distraction-free study environment. While most online coursework can be completed at times that are convenient for your schedule, this will require self-pacing for the course requirements.
- The successful online learner is organized and possesses good time-management skills. Just as in the on-campus classroom, most online courses include deadlines for weekly discussions and assignments. Be sure to set aside time each day to stay on pace in completing assignments. Contact your professor with questions or for clarification.
- GRCC uses Blackboard to deliver online instruction. Check to see if your computer browser supports Blackboard.
Are you New to Distance Learning at GRCC?
- Listen to what students have to say about online learning.
- Additional resources for online learning.
Technology Support and Help Desk
Information Technology staff are available to troubleshoot any issues and answer your Blackboard questions. They are available:
- Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Laptop Loaner Program
Loaners are available to any student who is enrolled in a summer course and does not have computer access. Loaners may be requested by completing the Google Form. After completing the form, someone from IT will contact you about your request.
Tutoring and Academic Support
GRCC librarians are providing research assistance for students through text or chat. For more details, visit the Library homepage. You can also ask questions any time through the ask-a-librarian link. Also check out our virtual services page to see other resources available to you.
Visit the GRCC bookstore website to get free shipping on all summer semester books, supplies, and technology with no minimum purchase. Be sure to order early, so your materials arrive in time for classes.
Stay in Touch
Check your GRCC email frequently. Students must use their GRCC email to communicate with faculty and staff.
Let us know if you have any questions or need assistance!
- Call us at (616) 234-4000.
- Text us a question at (616) 226-5999.
- Send us your question online through our webform.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office at (616) 234-4030.
If you are facing food or housing insecurity, or other issues, visit our Get Help webpage to learn about available college and community resources.
Stay aware of GRCC Coronavirus/COVID-19 student information and college updates.