We're a team of licensed mental health professionals here to help you adjust to college and achieve emotional and mental well-being.
Whether you're seeking improvements in mental health or confidence in your professional path, we're here to provide free, confidential services and resources that ensure your path to success includes well-being.
Please note a counselor may not open your initial email to email@example.com.
Services During COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, all Counseling and Career Development (CCD) services are currently provided remotely by Telemental Health appointments (counseling via video or phone). Please check back regularly for updates and resources as we expand our service offerings in the Fall semester.
Please Note: We are unable to provide same-day mental health emergency services at this time. If you are having a mental health emergency, please call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room. Additional resources can be found in the After Hours Help section on this website.
Fall 2020 services
- Short-term Telemental Health (counseling via video or phone) are available by appointment to students who are currently enrolled in Fall courses. All incoming students who are registered for Fall 2020 will be eligible once fall classes begin on August 31.
- Our services are free and confidential. You can schedule an appointment by calling (616) 234-4130. Our fall office hours are:
- Monday and Wednesday: 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Counseling and mental wellness
There are many factors that impact your success as a student, and we believe that mental wellness can be the first step in empowering you to achieve your goals.
We provide many services, and tailor them uniquely to you and your identified needs. From free one-on-one counseling to workshops, assessments, and referrals, we're here to help.
Career exploration and development
Whether you're having trouble identifying what path is right for you, or you want to make sure you're on the right track, we offer tools that can help you gain confidence in your academic and career journey.
- Self-assessment tools.
- Value and interest exploration.
- Assistance with decision-making processes.
- Resources to help you prepare for your next career opportunity.