We're a team of licensed mental health professionals here to help you adjust to college and achieve emotional and mental well-being.
Whether you're seeking improvements in mental health or confidence in your professional path, we're here to provide free, confidential services and resources that ensure your path to success includes well-being.
Please note a counselor may not open your initial email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Services During COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, all Counseling and Career Development (CCD) services are currently provided remotely by phone. Please visit our website regularly for updates and resources as we expand our service offerings in the Fall semester. PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to provide same-day consultations or crisis services at this time. If you are having a mental health crisis, please call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room. Additional resources can be found in the “After Hours Help” section on this website.
Summer 2020 services
- Short-term consultation services are available by appointment to students who are currently enrolled in summer classes, or for students who attended GRCC in the Winter 2020 semester and are enrolled for Fall 2020. All incoming students who are registered for Fall 2020 will be eligible once fall classes begin on August 31
- We are currently scheduling 30-minute weekly or bi-weekly “wellness check-ins” to explore coping strategies and support. Our mental health professionals can also provide assistance with a referral to off-campus mental health counseling services , or you can search independently in our online database
- Our services are free and confidential. You can schedule an appointment by calling (616) 234-4130. Our summer office hours are from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday -Friday. If you need to leave a message, please note that your call will be returned from a restricted phone number.
Counseling and mental wellness
There are many factors that impact your success as a student, and we believe that mental wellness can be the first step in empowering you to achieve your goals.
We provide many services, and tailor them uniquely to you and your identified needs. From free one-on-one counseling to workshops, assessments, and referrals, we're here to help.
Career exploration and development
Whether you're having trouble identifying what path is right for you, or you want to make sure you're on the right track, we offer tools that can help you gain confidence in your academic and career journey.
- Self-assessment tools.
- Value and interest exploration.
- Assistance with decision-making processes.
- Resources to help you prepare for your next career opportunity.