- Please submit a complete admissions application packet.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter this program.
- A complete application packet contains all documents listed in Step 2.
Covid 19 Vaccination Requirement
Students enrolled or intending to enroll in any of GRCC's Health Programs that include off campus clinical components (credit or non-credit) will require a COVID-19 vaccine. This vaccine will be in addition to any other vaccination and program requirements dictated by accreditation standards and practicum placement requirements. This decision will best ensure the health and success of our students. As a reminder, regardless of any exemption granted by GRCC, this does not guarantee an exemption from the vaccine requirement at individually assigned practicum sites, and thus may impact a student's ability to progress. While some facilities may allow a GRCC exemption to stand, other practicum partners will require students to follow their own process for seeking an exemption.
For Vaccine Requirement Exemption information, refer to GRCC’s COVID-19 webpage under “Student Information”.
- Complete the Medical Assisting Application.
- Application Type: Job Training.
- Academic Plan: Medical Assistant Program Certificate of Completion.
- Read all the supporting documents - the Appearance & Behavior Standards, Experience with Employers, and the Successful Completion Requirements.
Complete and submit the following four items and required documentation:
- WorkKeys® Applied Math, WorkKeys® Workplace Documents and WorkKeys® Graphic Literacy assessments with Level scores of 4 or higher (see below for information regarding assessments)
- Typing Certificate indicating an ability to type at least 40wpm with 95% accuracy from an online testing website. (Typing Certificate Instructions).
- Computer Competency Badges.
- GRCC Immunization Form, including supporting documentation from a healthcare source physician office, health department, etc.. Please do not simply send your immunization record.
WorkKeys® Assessment Information:
If you are a graduate of a Michigan high school, you may have taken the WorkKeys® Applied Math, WorkKeys® Reading for Information and WorkKeys® Locating Information as part of standardized testing in 11th grade. You may obtain your scores by either contacting your high school or ACT WorkKeys ((800) 967-5539). We will accept scores from 2012 or newer.
Where to send submissions
Documents may be submitted by mail, in person, by fax or email.
GRCC Tassell MTEC
622 Godfrey SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Fax: (616) 234-4435
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Email is not considered secure for healthcare information transmission.
What to do after you documents are submitted
Once all your documents are submitted, you will be notified that you are admitted into the Medical Assistant program.
Once you have been notified by e-mail or postal mail, please complete steps 3-5:
Create an Online Center Account at www.grcc.edu/loginrequest
Step 4: Secure your Funding
GRCC accepts cash, check, financial aid, third party funding or credit/debit card. Tuition is due 30 days prior to the course start date. If payment is not received, your enrollment is automatically dropped.
The Medical Assistant Program at GRCC is Federal Financial Aid Eligible.
To apply for Federal Student Aid & Federal Direct Student Loans
Step 5: Enroll in Class
Step-by-step instructions to enroll in program.
OR you can go directly to the GRCC Online Center
Students Enrolling in the Medical Assistant Program will be required to complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC) to be eligible to begin the program. You will receive your CBC instructions upon enrollment.
Please note: Clinical sites are within a 200 mile radius of GRCC’s main campus. Students may be placed at any clinical site, regardless of distance. Students are responsible for their own transportation and any cost associated with it. Clinicals may occur 1-4 times per a week. While most rotations occur weekdays between 7am-7pm, weekend and night assignments are possible.
Withdraw or Cancellation Policy:
If your situation changes and you need to withdraw your enrollment from the Medical Assistant Program, please refer to GRCC's tuition refund policy.
The Medical Assistant Program at GRCC is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assistant Education Review Board (MAERB). CAAHEP 9355 - 113th St. N, #7709, Seminole, FL 33775 (717) 210-2350 or www.caahep.org.