Please note: You must be 18 years old to apply for this program.
Complete the Medical Assisting Application.
Setup your MyGRCC portal to access your student accounts
After Application, students will receive a letter detailing how to setup MYGRCC
Submit Admissions Documentation for Competencies and Immunizations
Where to send submissions
Documents may be submitted by mail, in person, by fax or email.
GRCC Tassell MTEC
622 Godfrey SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Fax: (616) 234-4435
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Email is not considered secure for healthcare information transmission.
- Foundational Skills Competency: WorkKeys® Applied Math, WorkKeys® Workplace Documents and WorkKeys® Graphic Literacy assessments with Level scores of 4 or higher (see below for details)
- Typing Competency indicating an ability to type at least 40wpm with 95% accuracy from an online testing website. (Typing Certificate Instructions)
- Computer Competency in the areas of Basic Computer Skills, Internet Basics, Using Email and Windows (Computer Competency Instructions)
- GRCC Immunization Form, including supporting documentation from a physician office, health department, or through the Michigan Immunization Portal. GRCC requires all students enrolled in health career programs with clinical components to provide evidence of the following immunizations: Hepatitis B, Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis), Varicella Zoster (Chickenpox), MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), TB (Tuberculosis), Flu (Influenza), COVID 19. Exemption requests can be found at GRCC’s Health Admissions Page under Vaccine Requirements
WorkKeys® Assessment Information
Schedule an appointment for testing, or call (616) 234-3800.
Graduates of a Michigan High School from 2017 – Present may have taken the WorkKeys® Applied Math, WorkKeys® Workplace Documents and WorkKeys® Graphic Literacy as part of standardized testing in 11th grade. Contact ACT WorkKeys ((800) 967-5539) to obtain a copy of your results.
Student may also find the required admissions documents listed in their MyGRCC Account in the Online Center under the Tasks tile.
Enroll in a class. Login to your MyGRCC account and Choose the Online Center. Select the Add/Drop tile and complete the course selection process.
Note: Students must complete and submit the four required admissions documents to be eligible to enroll in the program.
Pay your Tuition
GRCC accepts cash, check, financial aid, third party funding or credit/debit card. Three month payment plans are also available. Tuition is due 30 days prior to the course start date.
The Medical Assistant Program is Federal Financial Aid Eligible. Step by step instructions are available to assist you in applying for Federal Student Aid & Federal Direct Student Loans
You may also be eligible for scholarships, grants, or other tuition assistant programs. Complete a Scholarship Application for Medical Assisting by using your MyGRCC credentials.
Review the Important Dates and Information Document, and the Medical Assisting Student Handbook
Upon Enrollment in the program, you will receive two documents:
- Important Dates and Information document contains details outlining a critical deadlines for tuition, background checks, requirements, schedules and program expectations. Students Enrolling in the Medical Assisting Program will be required to complete a CBC prior to the program start date.
- Medical Assisting Handbook contains program details, class completion requirements, classroom expectations, and college resources.
Withdraw or Cancellation Policy
If your situation changes and you need to withdraw your enrollment from the Medical Assistant Program, please refer to GRCC's tuition refund policy.
The Medical Assistant Program at GRCC is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Medical Assistant Education Review Board (MAERB).