Are you considering a professional skilled trade, starting your own business, going into healthcare, or
becoming a personal chef? Your options are limitless! And the Educational Opportunities Center (EOC)
team at Grand Rapids Community College is here to help you explore your options, and walk with you
on the path to getting in-demand skills that will lead to a rewarding career.
A program for future college students
The EOC team is here to walk with you on the path to getting secondary education and in-demand skills that will lead to a rewarding career.
What does TRIO EOC provide?
- Academic and career counseling.
- Financial aid and economic literacy workshops.
- Help completing admissions and financial aid processes at any college, university or vocational school.
- Help completing your high school diploma or GED.
- Personal counseling.
TRIO EOC has programs and services specially designed for eligible learners:
- Who are veterans.
- Who have not yet completed a high school diploma.
- Who are under or unemployed.
- Whose native language is not English.
- Who have aged out of foster care.
You must be 19+ years old, a resident of West Michigan and a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or refugee.
Additionally, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Low-income guidelines as defined by the U.S. Department of Education.
- First-generation college students (where neither parent(s) nor legal guardian has a bachelor degree).
- Have a documented disability.
Faculty & Staff
Assoc. Dean of Student Success - Support & Retention