Free, confidential counseling is available through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) in two ways:
- at an outpatient clinic location listed on the left, or
- via an online teletherapy session.
What issues can be addressed?
Any issue may be addressed. Common issues include:
- Marital, family or relationship issues
- Legal and financial difficulties
- Alcohol/substance use
- Work-related problems
- Emotional problems (depression, anxiety, etc.)
- Grief and loss counseling
What is the cost to me?
In any given year, up to three (3) sessions per episode of care are provided at no cost for you and all within your household. Often these sessions are all you need.
What if a different problem arises after my covered sessions are used up?
You are not limited to the number of times you can call with a new episode of care. You are limited to three sessions for any one episode of care.
Will my employer be notified?
All contacts and sessions are confidential. Reports made by the EAP to your employer do not contain any names or specific details.
How do I make an appointment?
Call and identify yourself as a Pine Rest EAP member. Let the staff know if you prefer your appointment to take place at a clinic or online.
- Make an appointment: (800) 442-0809 or (616) 455-6210
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
What if I have questions or concerns that just can’t wait?
If you are in a crisis situation, you or your household members can call our dedicated 800 number to access assistance 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week. A counselor (psychologist or clinical social worker) will be engaged within one hour of your call.
- EAP Hotline: (800) 442-0809 Answered 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week
You can access EAP services 24-hours, 7 days-a-week by calling (800) 442-0809.