GRCC’s values (Excellence, Diversity, Responsiveness, Innovation, Accountability, Sustainability, Respect & Integrity) shape our work environments, providing equal opportunity and fostering inclusiveness to all Student Employees. This award is intended to honor a student employee whose employment within the College has made a positive impact in their life.
Students must have been employed for at least 6 months between 06/01/2019 - 05/31/2020 (expected).
Please attach a 1-2 page nomination letter describing how the experience of working as a student employee has provided a positive impact on the life of the student employee. This letter should address at least one of the following questions:
- Please describe how working as a student employee has better prepared the student for the future.
- What role did this experience play in the student employee's personal and/or professional development? How have they grown from this experience?
- GRCC students face many challenges as they pursue their education. How has working as a student employee impacted their unique situation?
Please be sure to include the student's name, student ID number, nominator's name, and department with your submission. Submit only one nomination per student employee for consideration. Note that although nominators may collaborate, multiple authors or signatures of support does not strengthen a nomination letter. Additional materials such as a second letter of recommendation, signatures of support, performance evaluations, etc. will not be accepted.
DEADLINE: To be announced for 2020. Submissions should be delivered to Chris Allen (email@example.com, Room 103 Main)
A team comprised of GRCC staff members will evaluate the nominations based on the thoroughness of the letter with specific examples to support the nomination.
- First place will receive a check for $250 and a plaque.
- Second place will receive a check for $150 and a certificate.
- Third place will receive a check for $75 and a certificate.
- All nominees will receive a certificate.
Student Employment Services, 1st floor, Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall, formerly Main Building