How to maintain your scholarship
In order to maintain your Grand Rapids Promise Zone Scholarship, you must:
- Enroll in and maintain at least six credit hours during the Fall and Winter semesters, however, there is no required minimum during the Summer semesters.
- Continue to "attend" and participate in the courses you are enrolled in each semester per the College's attendance policy.
- Make sure to complete a FAFSA for each academic year you enroll. FAFSA waivers are provided for students that identify as DACA or undocumented.
- Continue to meet the requirements of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).*
*Students that go on financial aid probation or suspension can have their promise zone scholarship reinstated if the student submits a financial aid appeal and their appeal is approved.
How long your scholarship is available
The scholarship expires or discontinues:
- Five years after a student's high school graduation, or
- Once the student attempts 60 GRCC credit hours (30 GRCC credit hours for students that are 50% eligible), or
- Once a student attempts one of the 18-week or 22-week job-training programs, or
- If a student has more than one semester with grades of W or DR reflected on their transcript.]