What is ACT's National Career Readiness Certificate?
ACT’s National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) illustrates achievement and workplace employability skills, validating “real world” skills that employers believe are critical to job success. Individuals can earn the NCRC by taking three WorkKeys assessments:
- Applied Mathematics
- This assessment measures the skills you need to apply mathematical reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving techniques to work-related problems that actually occur in the workplace. This assessment is designed to be taken with a calculator, and all formulas required for the assessment are provided.
- Locating Information.
- This assessment measures the skills needed for understanding workplace graphics. You are asked to find information in a graphic or insert information into a graphic.
- Reading for Information.
- This assessment measures your ability to use written text in order to do a job. The written texts include memos, letters, directions, signs, notices, bulletins, policies and regulations.
Benefits for students and employers
People from every level of education and experience benefit from taking the ACT Workkeys assessments. Whether you're currently in high school or college, looking to enter the workforce or advance your career, ACT Workkeys can get you started. Professional associations, businesses and government agencies across the U.S. view this certification with high regard.
- A nationally recognized credential requested by many area employers.
- A tool for creating your career and educational plan.
- A measurable way to show how your skills link to jobs.
- Applicants are prepared with Certified Workplace Skills.
- Training and Development decisions are enhanced.
- Find the Right person with the Right fit for your organization.
How to prepare for the assessments
Visit the ACT site for help preparing for the assessment.
Your scores will be available immediately after testing. If you're not satisfied with your test scores, you may choose to take the assessments again. Your official certificate will arrive approximately 30 days after your test date. One of our career staff will meet with you to review your test results and discuss your educational goals.