Study the ways people use messages to generate meaning in contexts in personal and professional settings, across cultures, and in the media.
Graduate with a Pre-Communication Studies Associate Degree from GRCC and transfer as a junior to the four-year college or university of your choice as a junior to complete a bachelor’s degree in a variety of fields, such as:
- Advertising and public relations.
- Interpersonal communication.
- Organizational communication.
- Multi-media journalism and broadcasting.
- Film, video and media studies.
- Human resources management.
- Health communication.
- Applied speech communication.
Depending on the area of specialization, students who graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies are prepared for jobs in a variety of fields including, but not limited to:
- Customer service and sales.
- Human resources.
- Community outreach and advocacy.
- Business and marketing.
- Media affairs and public relations.
Program Courses and Requirements
Want to learn more about this area of study?
Visit the Department of Language & Thought
Questions about this program?
Department email: email@example.com
Department phone: (616) 234-3544