Housed within the Applied Technology Center, and a part of the Computer Information Systems department, the Grand Rapids Community College Center for CyberSecurity Studies (GRC4S2) helps students understand the importance of fundamental information security principles.
GRCC’s four core information security courses: Linux I, Introduction to Cisco Networking, Microcomputer Operating Systems, Principles of Information Security, have been designed to include the 11 core knowledge units required by the NSA CNSS national CAE program to promote Cyber Defense in higher education.
These four courses comprise the requirements for the upcoming Foundations of Information Security Certificate, and are core components of both the Pre-Information Security Associates of Arts degree program and the Network Administration Associates of Arts and Sciences program. Students may also use this certificate as a component of the Computer Information Systems Pathway Associate of Arts degree.
Michigan Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense
- Davenport University
- Eastern Michigan University
- Ferris State University
- Henry Ford College
- University of Detroit Mercy
- Walsh College
- ASIS International Online
- Global Information Assurance Certification
- Infraguard: National
- Infraguard: Michigan
- (ISC)² - International Information System Security Certification Consortium, In…
- (ISC)² - West Michigan Chapter
- ISSA - The Information Systems Security Association
- ISSA - Grand Rapids Chapter