Commencement ceremonies are held at the end of the Winter semester and are open to students who will complete their degree or certificate requirements within the current academic year.
Students completing their degree or certificate requirements during summer session of the current academic year are also invited to participate in the spring ceremony.
All students who will be completing their degree or certificate, must submit a graduation application to be able to participate in the commencement (graduation) ceremony. Please be sure to complete your graduation application by April 8 to ensure your name is printed in the commencement program.
Tuesday, April 2, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wisner-Bottrall Applied Technology Center (ATC)
1st Floor (Rooms 118-124) and Atrium
- GRADfest is a one-stop event to obtain commencement related items, ask questions, and celebrate your accomplishments.
- Receive commencement ceremony tickets. Each graduate will receive five (5) tickets.
- Purchase your cap, gown and tassel. The cost will be $32.00 + tax. Cash, check, credit card or RaiderCard will be accepted.
- Receive a FREE gift from GRCC Alumni Relations: a commemorative "Stole of Appreciation." This stole is to be worn with your cap and gown at commencement and then given to someone who has helped you succeed in your educational journey. (Learn more about the Stole of Appreciation).
- Take a FREE professional headshot photo that will be available for digital download after the event.
- Purchase your Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) key medallion for $25.00 (PTK members only).
- Pick up your honors or Veteran's cords (eligible students only).
- Purchase graduation accessories, like announcements and class rings from Josten's representatives.
- Discuss your financial aid options for repayment or transfer.
- Decorate your graduation cap.
- Enjoy snacks and refreshments.
If you cannot attend GRADfest but plan on participating in commencement, please visit the Student Life Office after April 2nd to get everything you need for commencement.
Friday, April 26, 7 p.m.
Gerald R. Ford Fieldhouse
- Doors open at 6:00 p.m., tickets required.
- Graduates to report at 6:00 p.m. to first floor Cook Academic Hall
- Parking will be free in both the Bostwick and Lyon St. Parking Ramps