As of Dec. 17, 2018, all students and employees are required to have new RaiderCards as part of our ongoing commitment to campus safety. New RaiderCards will be used for parking, point-of-sale registers on campus, cash-to-card machines, vending machines, printing, and, in some cases, door access.
New RaiderCard features
The new cards will be “contactless” cards, allowing you to tap instead of swipe the cards at parking gates. With the new RaiderCard, you’ll also be able to:
- Deposit money into your account using StudentLink.
- Give someone else access to your RaiderCard account, so a relative, friend, or spouse can deposit directly into your account.
- Set up low balance warnings.
- Set up automatic deposits from your bank account.
The new RaiderCards are also easier to read, and longer names can be printed in full. Remaining balances have been transferred to the new cards following the end of the fall semester.
The improved security measures allow the college to electronically control and monitor all exterior doors on campus. As a result, new building access hours will be posted in the Online Center and additional information will be sent prior to the start of winter 2019.
How do I get a new RaiderCard?
Using your RaiderCard
Budget your spending money by depositing financial aid or other funds into your RaiderCard account. Make sure you can always get what you need — and keep track of how much money you have left to spend throughout the semester. With the RaiderCard, there are no credit card charges or interest. (Not used for tuition payment).
Where you can use your RaiderCard
You can use access free and money saving resources on and off campus, including:
- Academic Support - Check in with your RaiderCard to access tutoring and computer labs across campus.
- Gerald R. Ford Fieldhouse - Do you work out? You do now — with your RaiderCard you get free access to all the amenities at the Fieldhouse.
- Library - Check out books and access other resources in the library.
- Parking - Use your RaiderCard to park in a college ramp or lot for $3.50 per exit. Otherwise, cash rates are $2 per half-hour, or $12 per day.
- Printing -Swipe your RaiderCard at a lab, Library, Student Life or the Enrollment Center printer and pay only $0.10 cents per page for black and white printing, and $1.00 per page for color.
- Where to eat - There are many on-campus dining options and they all take your RaiderCard. You can also pay with your RaiderCard in either of the Secchia Institute for Culinary Education lab kitchens — Art & Bev's and The Heritage Restaurant.
RaiderCard Discounts in GR
Flash your RaiderCard wherever you go to see what discounts local businesses offer to students.
Your RaiderCard will get you free admission to GRAM, Grand Rapids Public Museum, Gerald R. Ford Museum, John Ball Zoo and Grand Rapids Children's Museum. See Go See GR! for more information.