Skip to main content

Transfer Credit

Transferring credits out of GRCC

Students wanting to transfer credits earned at GRCC to another institution can do so by requesting that their GRCC official transcript be sent. Official transcripts document the credit, GPA, and credential you have earned at Grand Rapids Community College. Transcripts are proof of your credit and degree completion and may be needed when applying to jobs, scholarships, licensing boards, or transferring to a four-year institution. Official transcripts are sent directly from GRCC to the recipient. Official transcripts requested for student pick-up will be marked “unofficial if opened by student” and may not be accepted by another institution.

The receiving institution is responsible for evaluating and posting incoming transfer classes/credits. For more information, please visit the Transfer out of GRCC webpage.

Transferring credits into GRCC

Admitted, degree-seeking students may have credits earned outside of GRCC evaluated and posted to their GRCC transcripts. Please note that transcripts that are sent to Grand Rapids Community College become the property of  Grand Rapids Community College and cannot be returned or remailed. English translation of transcripts should be conducted by a certified translation service. Visit our Transfer Credits into GRCC page on the Academic Advising website for more information.