Placement testing helps us assess your skills in reading, writing and math.
Who needs to take the test?
You must take our English placement test for enrollment if ALL of the following apply:
- Taken the SAT before February, 2016
- Taken the ACT before February, 2018
- Taken the placement test before October, 2018
- Fewer than 12 college credits
- College GPA below 2.0
- Not transferred in credit that was equivalent to English 101
You must take our math placement test (ALEKS) before enrolling in a math course if:
- Your ALEKS scores are older then 18 months or
- You haven't previously taken or transferred in a math class
Before taking your placement tests, please review all the ways to receive placement levels without testing.
If you have questions regarding any of our placement tests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (616) 234-3300.
We are accessible and welcoming to students of all abilities, please contact Disability Support Services (DSS) at (616) 234-4140 if you need assistance or accommodations. Please connect with DSS before completing your test.
Testing Locations & Hours
Located at 143 Bostwick Ave., Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall, first floor in Student Services.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m,
- Wednesday from 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Schedule testing at the Main Campus
Located at 12335 James Street, Holland, MI 49424.
Please check-in in room 101.
Parking is free.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday from 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Friday from 8 a.m.-noon
Contact us at email@example.com