All students and employees are required to have a RaiderCard as part of our ongoing commitment to campus safety.
RaiderCards can be used for parking, point-of-sale registers on campus, cash-to-card machines, vending machines, printing, and, in some cases, door access.
Cards are “contactless," allowing you to tap instead of swipe the cards at parking gates.
With the RaiderCard, you’ll also be able to:
- Deposit money into your account using StudentLink.
- Give someone else access to your RaiderCard account, so a relative, friend, or spouse can deposit directly into your account.
- Set up low balance warnings and automatic deposits from your bank account.
How do I get a RaiderCard?
Bring a valid picture ID and your student number to Student Life, the Tassell M-Tec or the Lakeshore Campus to receive your RaiderCard. Your first RaiderCard is free, and replacement cards cost $10 each.
Using your RaiderCard
Budget your spending money by depositing financial aid or other funds into your RaiderCard account. Make sure you can always get what you need — and keep track of how much money you have left to spend throughout the semester. With RaiderCard, there are no credit card charges or interest. (Not to be used for tuition payment).
Where you can use your RaiderCard
You can use access free and money-saving resources on and off-campus, including:
- Academic Support - Check in with your RaiderCard to access tutoring and computer labs across campus.
- Gerald R. Ford Fieldhouse - Do you work out? You do now — with your RaiderCard you get free access to all the amenities at the Fieldhouse.
- Library - Check out books and access other resources in the library.
- Parking - Use your RaiderCard to park in a college ramp or lot for a $3.50 daily rate, when you tap your RaiderCard at the entrance reader and the exit reader. Otherwise, cash rates are $2 per half-hour or $12 per day.
- Printing -Swipe your RaiderCard at a lab, Library, Student Life, or the Enrollment Center printer and pay only $0.10 cents per page for black and white printing, and $1.00 per page for color.
- Where to eat - There are many on-campus dining options and they all take your RaiderCard. You can also pay with your RaiderCard in either of the Secchia Institute for Culinary Education lab kitchens — Art & Bev's and The Heritage Restaurant.
RaiderCard Discounts in GR
Your RaiderCard will get you free admission to GRAM, Grand Rapids Public Museum, Gerald R. Ford Museum, John Ball Zoo, and Grand Rapids Children's Museum. See Go See GR! for more information.