Frequently Asked Questions

Before you register

If you are under the age of 18, you must submit this Parental Waiver Form. 

You must have the Parental Waiver notarized if parent is not able to come to class and sign you in. 

RiderCourse Cancellation Policy

If you must cancel your registration, you will need to re-register and pay for another class. There are no refunds and we are unable to transfer the registration to another person or class.

Frequently Asked Questions

How much does the Basic RiderCourse℠ cost?

Our Basic RiderCourse℠ classes are $50.00 per person and include all the materials needed for the class. You will receive a course workbook, up to eighteen hours of instruction, a loaner motorcycle, fuel, and competent, caring coaches to make your experience a good one.

How do I register for a RiderCourse℠?


We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. All credit card transactions are processed through PayPal, an independent credit verification firm, to validate your credit card. After your credit card payment is confirmed, you will receive a system generated confirmation letter.

Why is my Drivers License number required?

Your drivers license number is a requirement of the State of Michigan to whom we report. Your cannot be endorsed by the State of Michigan without providing your drivers license or drivers education certificate.

How many hours is the Basic RiderCourse℠?

The training averages 18 hours; depending on location. The training includes online instruction, classroom lecture and range time.

How do I cancel my registration?

Cancel your registration by calling 616-234-BIKE (2453). Refunds will not be issued for cancellations. (Please see cancellation policy above).

Where are the driving ranges located?

Kent County - Foremost Insurance Headquarter, 5600 Beechtree Lane SE Caledonia, MI 49316 

Mason County - West Shore Community College, 3000 North Stiles Rd, Scottville, MI 49454 

Mecosta County - Ferris State University, Heavy Equipment Center, 220 Sports Dr, Big Rapids, MI 49307 

Muskegon County - Muskegon Community College, 221 S. Quarterline Rd, Muskegon, MI 49442

Ottawa County - Grand Valley State University, 1 Campus Dr, Allendale, MI 49401 

Who can take a Basic RiderCourse℠ class?

To take the course you need to have a valid Michigan Drivers License or have taken an approved Driver Education Course. The course is required for persons who have failed the Secretary of State 3rd party road skills test twice, or for persons under the age of 18. The course is strongly recommended for all new riders or experienced riders that were self-taught or who learned from a friend.

Can I ride my own motorcycle during my Basic RiderCourse

No. The motorcycles need to meet strict safety and size regulations. Motorcycles are provided for the Basic RiderCourse. All motorcycles are 250cc’s or less. Inventory includes Suzuki GZ250’s, Honda Rebel 250’s, Honda CB125s, Suzuki TU250W’s and Honda Nighthawk 250’s.

What do I need to take to the Secretary of State office?

Present your motorcycle safety course completion certificate, apply for the CY endorsement and pass the vision test. Your completion certificate will waive the written and road skills test.

Who can I contact regarding registration questions?

All information that you need should be answered on this page or in the RiderCourse description. If there is something that you are still unsure of you may email

Note: This program is not staffed full-time. While your questions are important to us, it may take some time to respond to any inquires.

Course Descriptions and Registration