Committed to assisting GRCC instructors, staff, and students in their accessibility efforts concerning closed-captioning.
Supplemental Captioned Videos
Browse already captioned videos in GRCC's Multimedia and Image Resources Subject Guide.
Need video content for a GRCC course captioned? Before you fill out the Caption Request Form, please consider these important items:
- The audio in the video must be audible and understandable. If we can't hear what is said, we can't caption the file.
- You must have permission for any video content you submit. If you did not create the video yourself, you'll need to obtain written permission (see sidebar for instructions and permission documents).
- Completion times will vary, with priority given to those who have students needing an accommodation. We will verify any accommodation claims with Disability Support Services.
How-tos and resources
- How to Request Permission
- Permission Request Form (DVD, VHS)
- Permission Request Form (Online Content)
- Online Captioning Standards (ADA)
- GRCC 3.8 Audiovisual Captioning Policy
If you have concerns or questions about captioning at GRCC, please contact Captioning Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.