How can we help?
373 Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall (RJF)
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.(by appointment)
Walk-in Hours: Monday & Thursday 9-11 a.m. & 2-5 p.m. (no appointment needed)
Faculty Liaison Support
Faculty Liaison for Professional Development, Rachel Lutwick-Deaner
Wednesdays: noon-4 p.m.
Blackboard Questions & Instructional Technology Support
TLDE staff are available for walk-in support or by appointment for questions about teaching with technology, including tools available in the GRCC learning management system, Blackboard. Support is also available via video conferencing or over the phone.
Instructional Design and Course Quality Assurance
If you are developing an online or hybrid course, revising a course, or looking to enhance your course design regardless of modality, TLDE can provide instructional design support. From designing individual lessons, learning materials, or activities to full course revisions, the instructional designer is your creative partner.
We can help with:
- Incorporating new instructional technologies or techniques
- Adapting existing course materials into new modalities
- Creating innovative, engaging learning activities
- Improving accessibility of digital content
- Designing inclusive, equitable learning and learning environments
TLDE staff are experts in Quality Matters, the framework that informs the GRCC Distance Education Standards. We use the standards to review and approve all online and hybrid courses offered by the college.
Open Educational Resources (OER) and Open Pedagogy
GRCC is a nationwide leader in the use of Open Educational Resources. TLDE 's OER Faculty Liaison or Instructional Designer assist with:
- Evaluating and adopting OER in your classes
- Navigating copyright and permissions in OER and other instructional materials
- 1-1 coaching in OER use and open pedagogy practices with GRCC's OER Coordinator, Lauren Woolsey.
OER and open pedagogy are not only great ways to reduce student cost; they also improve student access and increase their sense of belonging at GRCC.