Students are admitted to the program once a year, in the Fall semester.
In order to be eligible for admission into the Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program, a student must:
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the high school equivalency GED (General Educational Development) Test.
- Have a high school and college GPA of at least 2.5.
- Math competency must be demonstrated through any one of the following ways:
- SAT Math subsection score of 25 or higher within the last five years or
- ACT Math score of 18 or higher within the last five years or
- Math Placement Test (ALEKS) with a score of 30 or higher or
- Completion of MA 098 or higher with a grade of C or higher.
- Reading and writing requirement competency must be demonstrated through any one of the following ways:
- EN 101 with a grade of C or higher or
- Score of 18 on ACT or 25 on SAT higher within the last five years or
- Accuplacer placement test scores of 70 on the reading portion and 6 on the written portion.
- Pass a preliminary criminal background check.
- Successful completion of BI 121 and BI 122 with a grade of C or better within two attempts. A withdrawal is counted as an attempt. If it has been more than 5 years since the most recent attempt, a third opportunity will be allowed.
- Successful completion of OT 102 with a grade of C or better within two attempts.
* A withdrawal is considered an attempt