The Transfer Bridges program connects GRCC students with opportunities at U-M Ann Arbor to explore degrees, develop academic skills, build connections, and plan for their transfer experience.
What is Transfer Bridges?
Transfer Bridges to Humanities is a program for GRCC students who want to study the humanities and humanistic social sciences, and then transfer to the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts at the University of Michigan (U-M) to complete their bachelor's degree.
Studying humanities and humanistic social sciences includes liberal arts disciplines such as English, philosophy, history, foreign languages, archaeology, law and politics, performing arts, religion, literature, anthropology, communications, economics, evolutionary biology, genetics, political science, psychology, sociology, and more!
Through this unique program, U-M professionals will keep you current with opportunities to engage with U-M, including:
- Tailored support and advising from a U-M recruiter, in addition to support from GRCC advisors, to help you develop your academic plan, choose courses to maximize transfer credit, and set your goals.
- Access to U-M co-curricular programs in social innovation, career coaching, internships, summer collaborations, professional development, and more.
- Student Ambassadors who act as mentors and help answer your questions about the transfer student experience.
- Connecting with faculty/staff in academic departments to explore your interests, even before you are admitted to U-M.
This program is open to any GRCC student interested in transferring to U-M Ann Arbor’s College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA).
- Complete and submit the online interest form.
- U-M Transfer Recruiter, Morgan will reach out to schedule an appointment and share more the program.
- Let your GRCC Advisor know you are interested in Transfer Bridges to U-M so they can help to ensure your program of study at GRCC is aligned with Transfer Bridges requirements.
Connect on Campus
- Stop by on Transfer Tuesdays, 1st floor RJF Advising Center between 1-3pm, and speak with Leanne, or drop in the 3rd floor of Enders Hall on other days.
- Reach out to U-M Recruiter, Morgan, or speak with her on GRCC's Main Campus this semester:
- Jan. 25 - 4th floor RJF Hall
- Jan. 26 - 2nd floor RFJ Hall (210)
- Feb. 8/9
- March 15/16
- April 12/13
Leanne Challa - GRCC
Program Manager - Transfer Bridges to the Humanities
Morgan Gavorek - U-M
Transfer Student Recruiting Coordinator - LSA