The Transfer Bridges program connects GRCC students with opportunities at U-M Ann Arbor to explore degrees, develop academic skills, build connections, and plan for their transfer experience.
What is Transfer Bridges?
The Transfer Bridges program connects GRCC students to the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA) at U-M Ann Arbor, offering opportunities to engage and learn about the transfer experience while they study at GRCC.
U-M LSA offers over 85 degree majors and minors in the humanities and humanistic social sciences such as English, philosophy, history, foreign languages, archaeology, law and politics, performing arts, religion, literature, anthropology, communications, economics, evolutionary biology, genetics, political science, psychology, sociology, and more! Students interested in non-humanities majors at U-M are also welcome, we will connect you with the U-M resource you need.
Benefits of joining Transfer Bridges
Through this unique program, U-M professionals will keep you current with opportunities to engage with U-M while you study at GRCC, including:
- Tailored support and advising from University of Michigan Recruitment Advisor.
- Application and writing workshops.
- Access to the University of Michigan, LSA Opportunity Hub.
- Mentorship from University of Michigan Transfer Student Ambassadors.
- Access to unique co-curricular University of Michigan programs in research and social innovation with paid research, fellowship, internship, and learning opportunities like:
Transfer Bridges will also host monthly events to support transfer exploration, including writing workshops, scholarship or college application support, campus visits, and community dinners. Check our calendar for more information.
University of Michigan Go Blue Guarantee
The Go Blue Guarantee offers free tuition for Michigan residents with family incomes of $75,000 or less and assets below $75,000. Students who qualify for the Go Blue Guarantee are likely to receive additional financial aid to pay for housing, food, books, fees, and miscellaneous expenses. Start here, and finish there - saving thousands along the way to your degree!
U-M LSA encourages Michigan Reconnect participants from GRCC to continue their educational journey at U-M where they commit to keeping higher education affordable and accessible for all Michigan residents through generous financial aid offerings.
Sign up for Transfer Bridges and we will get you started on your transfer path, including connecting you with current LSA students who were Reconnect scholars before transferring to LSA
This program is open to any GRCC student interested in transferring to U-M Ann Arbor’s College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA). Workshops are also open to GRCC students working toward transferring to a 4-year college or university, who are still exploring their transfer options.
- Complete and submit the online interest form.
- U-M Transfer Recruiter, Morgan will reach out to schedule an appointment and share more the program.
- Let your GRCC Advisor know you are interested in Transfer Bridges to U-M so they can help to ensure your program of study at GRCC is aligned with Transfer Bridges requirements.
- Joining Transfer Bridges does not commit you to applying to U-M, or guarantee your admission, but can help you build your skills, experience, knowledge, and connections on your transfer journey.
U-M Transfer Guides for Community College Students
Take a look at how your GRCC credits add up for transfer to U-M LSA. Talk to your GRCC advisors about the best plan for your transfer experience, and the courses that make you transfer-ready.
Connect on Campus
Look for U-M Recruiter, Morgan, on the GRCC Campus this semester:
|October 5||Transfer Fair in the Fieldhouse|
|October 16 & 17||4th floor RJF|
|November 13 & 14||4th floor RJF|
|December 4 & 5||4th floor RJF|
|GRCC||U-M Ann Arbor|
|Leanne Challa |
Program Manager - Transfer Bridges to the Humanities
|Morgan Gavorek |
Transfer Student Recruiting Coordinator - LSA