All presentations are free and held in live stream format. Video of all lectures will be posted after each event.
2022-2023 Psychology Department Speakers Series
Event schedule will be announced soon.
Past Psychology Department Speaker Series videos
- The MMR Vaccine and Autism: The Story of a Medical Fraud with Lessons and Challenges for Today
- Intersectional Scholarship: Resisting the Tendency to Disconnect, Dilute, and Depoliticize
- Our Year with Coronavirus: Understanding the Science and Psychology of how COVID-19 has Impacted Our Lives
- What Do We Know About Race and Police Use of Deadly Force? Analyses of Real-World and Laboratory Decision Data
- Dating in the Modern Age: What Online Dating and Mobile Apps Can Tell Us about Finding (and Keeping) a Romantic Partner
- Portable Device Use and Learning in the Modern Age
- CANCELED - What Do We Know about the Psychology of Doing "Work" Together?
- What is in your suitcase? Addressing Self Awareness with The Tools to Survive
- Gambling: A Behavior Analytic Perspective
- CHARGE Syndrome: The Study of a Rare Childhood Disorder
- What Happens When We Change Ourselves? A Look at Beliefs and Health
- Coping with Grief and Loss
- Child Development in the Digital Age: How, and for Whom, Does Mobile Media Use Become Problematic?
- Unmasking the Automatic Mind: Toward a New Understanding of Unconscious Cognition
- Media effects: Can watching T.V. or playing video games really change how you think and what you do?
- The Psychology of Political Affiliation: Are Donkeys and Elephants Really that Different?
- The Emergent Use of Virtual Reality in the Treatment of Psychological Disorders
- Understanding the Neurobiology of Drug Addiction in Humans Through the Study of Animals
- Introduction to Mindfulness: Exploring the Science and Practical Application
- The Real World of Forensic Psychology
- Social Support and Mental Health: It's Not What You Think
- Do Visual Artists See the World Differently?
- No Child is an Island: Integrating Family Systems Perspectives into Children's Mental Health Treatment
- Modern Application of Darwinian Theory to Psychology
- I’m Dying to Talk with You
- Art Therapy and the Expressive Arts: Knowing Yourself Through Your Creative Side
- Self-Justification in Everyday Life: What cognitive dissonance theory reveals about cheating, justice, love, war, memory, and the decisions we make
- Do Parents Make a Difference? An Exploration in Raising a Child
- Do sports matter as much to girls as they do to boys? Gender and the Myth of the Blank Slate
- Human Sexuality and Sex Therapy: Yes, our brain is the biggest erogenous zone!
- Stress can destroy a 66 ton bridge; imagine what it might do to you? Understanding and managing stress
- Can Political Psychology Help Us Know What We're Getting When We Vote?
- Anger: Just One Letter Away From Danger!
- Our Connection To Something Bigger: The Archetypes of C.G. Jung.
- Mental Toughness: The X-Factor in Sport and Life
- Will Psychologists Be Replacing Their Couch With A Computer Screen?
- I Didn’t Do Anything To Make You Feel That Way – How We Communicate Without Saying Anything.
- The Human Genome: Will You Be Able To Pre-Order The Sex, Height, and Personality Of Your New Baby?
- The Role of Technology in Our Lives: The Good, the Bad, and the Scary
- Alzheimer's Disease: One of the Things I'd Like to Forget.
- Things That Go Bump in the Night: An Introduction to Parasomnias
- Finding, Landing, and Thriving in a Job that You Love
- The Roots of Morality: Does Religion Play a Role or is the Tail Wagging the Dog?
- Forensic Psychology: The Real World of CSI
- Animal Psychology: We Do More Than Make Dogs Salivate Or Teach Rats To Run Mazes
- The Psychology Of Love: Do Opposites Attract or Do Birds Of A Feather Flock Together?
- Hypnosis: It's Not Just a Stage Act
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Can’t We Just Give ‘Em A “Chill Pill?”