The Computer Support Technician Job Training Program prepares students to achieve two certifications:
- CompTIA A+
- Network + Certification
Both of these IT certifications are globally recognized and represent in-demand skills sought after by a wide array of employers.
Unlike many training programs that meet the needs of a specific market, any and all employers who use computer technology require computer support, whether the IT support is provided by a full-time employee or by a contracted managed services company.
This training is offered entirely online.
Hear what our Computer Support Technician students say about the program.
Tyler Thompson plans GRCC Computer Support Tech classes around work schedule, now has new career
Tyler Kryzanowski redirects his career through computer support program
Stephan Paul says Computer Support Technician Job Training Program 'one of the best experiences of my life'
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
This program is designed to address Computer Support from four perspectives:
- Technical (Hardware, Software, Networking and Security)
- Professionalism and employability
- Business innovation
Gain experience in:
- Windows operating system
- Virtual machines
- Cloud computing services
- Troubleshooting strategies
- Employability skills and professionalism
Students interact regularly with local IT technicians, engineers, business owners, and recruiters via Zoom to learn from their experiences and current market expectations.
What will you learn while in training?
- Assemble computer components based on customer requirements.
- Install, configure, and maintain devices, PC's, and software for end-users.
- Understand the basics of networking and security/forensics.
- Properly and safely troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve, and document common hardware, software and networking issues.
- Provide appropriate customer support in a wide variety of environments and situations.
- Understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging, deployment and cloud computing.
What skills do you need to have prior to beginning training?
The student should have an interest in computers and possess their own Windows PC.
Training is located online.
Apply online or in person:
622 Godfrey SW
Grand Rapids MI 49503