GRCC's pool offers lap swimming, water exercise, youth competitive swimming, US Masters Swimming and American Red Cross Lifeguard training to all members of the Grand Rapids community. Located in the center of the city and geared to helping all of our community meet their aquatic goals. GRCC's pool is a great choice for recreation and learning.
Fall Semester 2020 Aquatic Facility Hours of Operation (Currently only open to students, faculty, and staff)
2020 Fall Semester Hours of Operation (Currently only open to students, faculty, and staff)
Effective November 18th - December 23rd
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Thanksgiving Holiday Closure
Wednesday, November 25th - Sunday, November 29th: CLOSED
Holiday/Winter Break Closure
Thursday, December 24th - Sunday, January 3rd: CLOSED
By appointment only. Reserve now.
Updated Policies and Procedures
- Reservations are limited to 60 minutes per session
- Maximum visitors in the pool will be set at 6 people per session
- Daily health screening & symptoms checks required of all patrons coming on campus (the health screen in your Online Center, which is what you complete for in-person classes)
- Masks must be worn at ALL times; only time you do not have to wear your mask is when you are physically in the pool water
- Valid RaiderCards are mandatory for entry
- Reservations will only be available for the upcoming week in advance
- Locker rooms and showers will be offline; however, there will be a restroom/changing room available for use
- There will be an area on the pool deck to rinse off before and after your swim
- We encourage all patrons to come dressed ready to swim
- We need all of the patrons to be out of the pool facility by the time the 60 minutes are completed, due to the time we need to clean prior to the next group entering
- Towels will not be provided at this time
GRCC students, faculty, staff, Ford Fieldhouse members, and community guests may visit the pool during the times listed above for lap swimming and water exercise. Open swim is free for both students, faculty, staff, and valid Ford Fieldhouse members.
Any group of swimmers from schools, churches, camps and similar organizations are required to schedule their visit to the Ford Pool, even if the participants are over the age of 18. Groups wishing to attend an open swim as members of an organization, rather than as individuals, are unable to use the pool during open swim periods and will be turned away if arriving unannounced. A rental agreement is required for group of use of the pool.
Open swim can be quite busy at times. Swimmers are required to share lanes when necessary. Splitting lanes and circle swimming is encouraged to ensure all patrons have the opportunity to swim.
GRCC's pool serves as a classroom during the academic year, as GRCC's Exercise Science Department hosts Water Aerobics classes for students on Monday through Thursday. During those times instructors will use either the two most shallow lanes or the entire deep end of the pool for instruction. This will reduce the amount of open lanes for lap swimmers. Please be willing to share the remaining lanes.
Lanes: 6 (25 Yards)
Diving Boards: Not for public use
Water Temperature: 81 Degrees
Ages Welcome: 18 years old or older during open swims
Accessibility: Aquatic Lift
Locker Rooms: Men's and Women's; no family locker rooms
Equipment Available: Kickboards, Fins, Pull Buoys, Water Weights, Aqua-Joggers
Lifeguards: There is always a lifeguard on duty